According to the data presented by the National Sample Survey Office in June, India‘s unemployment rate for the financial year 2018 stood at 6.1%. The survey concludes that among the total number of unemployed individuals in this country, the majority consists of the youth. To control this high rate of unemployment among the country’s youth, the government has taken up several initiatives in the past.
One such initiative is the National Skill Development Mission, which was launched in 2015 to provide vocational training courses meant for individuals aiming to help them gain better employment. This program was further revised and re-introduced as Skill India Mission with an aim to boost its pace.
An Overview Of The Skill India Programme
- 40 Crore – Number of target individuals to be trained under this programme by the year 2022.
- 72 Lakh – Number of individuals trained under the Skill India Scheme since its advent in 2015.
- 15.23 Lakh – Number of individuals out of the total number trained who have secured jobs in various sectors of the economy.
- 20 Lakh – Number of individuals trained under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, one of the flagship programmes under Skill India Mission.
The Skill India Scheme was launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to bring about convergence across various sectors in the economy in terms of imparting skill development training. It aims to expand the scale of skill development efforts in the country by implementing an end-to-end and outcome-focused framework.
Objectives Of The Programme
This programme was reintroduced in 2015 to undertake the tasks of the previous Skill Development policy and boost the pace of their implementation. This programme aims to achieve the goals mentioned below by the end of the year 2020 –
- Offering specific skill development training courses to the country’s youth and expand their employment opportunities.
- Create new spheres for skill development related training.
- Boost the productivity of sectors already under the existing Skill Development programme.
Further, this programme can also aid individuals to nurture their entrepreneurial skills and venture into their own business. With easy availability of advances in the form of loans against property offered by various financial institutions, setting up a business and managing it effectively can become much easier with this programme.
Initially, the National Skill Development Mission consisted of 7 subsidiary missions under it. These missions were created to achieve the overall target of the mission.
Skill India mission formed a strategy to undertake these submissions focused on the following key areas –
- Institutional Training – Address the long and short term requirement of skill development by revamping the existing training programmes and establishing new regimes.
- Infrastructure Development – Undertaking various initiatives serving sector-specific skill training exercises.
- Consolidation – Converging effectively with the already existing skill development programmes.
- Training – Imparting training for trainers.
- Sustainable Livelihood – Promoting sustainable livelihood for the country’s youth.
- Overseas Employment – Making overseas employment more accessible.
- Public Infrastructure Development – Implementing policies to leverage public infrastructure for skill development.
Skill India Mission aims to fulfil its various long and short term goals by implementing these seven strategies.
Individuals trained under this scheme can further choose to enrol in any other job-oriented or management course from any premier educational institution, to expand their job opportunities. In this case, the option to finance education through a loan against property can aid them in their endeavour.
Features Of The Programme
The mission of this programme, along with its goals, can be encapsulated by reviewing its features, viz. –
- Employment generation through Skill India jobs and assisting in entrepreneurial development of the country’s youth.
- Promoting and supporting various traditional occupations like carpentry, welding, nursing, masonry, tailoring, weaving, etc.
- Promoting the development of various sectors like transportation, real estate, jewelry designing, banking, etc. that are undergoing a crisis due to lack of proper infrastructure and skill development.
- Undertaking training programmes that comply with international standards to ensure that our country’s youth not only meet domestic demands but also seek employment overseas.
- Integrating different need-based plans to target different age-groups that can help to boost behavioral skills, communication skills, management skills that help to increase their overall employability.
- To create a hallmark termed “Rural India Skill” which will be a distinctive platform to standardize and certify the training process for individuals from the rural background.
These features can set individuals on the path towards better employment opportunities as well as towards starting their own business endeavors. They can easily finance via a loan against property from financial institutions. This advance comes with a high loan amount value of up to Rs. 3.5 Crore and several benefits like easy approval, disbursal, flexible tenor, etc.
Further, They also provide pre-approved offers that can make availing this advance faster and easier. These offers are available on various financial products, including home loans, loan against property, business loans, etc. You can check your pre-approved offer by providing your name and phone number.
But before availing this advance, it is best to check the process of how to apply for a loan against property to ensure that the application is completed without any glitches. Thus, with a sizeable advance and training under Skill India registration, individuals can access a better livelihood with ease.