As per the reports of the world economic forum, the four megatrends are forming the construction industry those would be:
- Regulation and politics
- Workforce and society chances
- Customer demand and market change
- Material resilience issues and sustainability
This report results in numerous suggestions that will be worth for any civil engineering construction company in Delhi or India. There are some of the ideas which should be kept in mind of want to run a successful construction business.
- Material should be advanced: investing in highly advanced material would be recommended, improvement in older version would also work well, it could be fast curing concrete, or derived from nature like new plant-based super repellent materials, a building material that is coming on the market constantly. There is a massive demand for such innovative products in the market, but they are unnoticed due to lack of familiarities, high initial costing, and reluctance from the designing professionals to recommend such untested products.
- Adapting new technologies: constructing field is consistently slow in adopting any new technology and bringing it to the job site effectively. Use of any 3D printing, forex- has been slow to get started, even though the technology has been around for a few years.
- Encourage standardization, use of prefabricated components: using the standardization of materials and the sizes, as well as the use of some modular and prefabricated structural elements, costs and build time could be reduced significantly. Buildings might be going up in some days instead of months. The demands of one-size-fits on the structure and the problems with transporting the components often discouraging the usability of modular and prefab structures. When offered education about the versatility of some types of buildings, projects build with some of these techniques are unique and could be any size and shape.
- Sharing risk: instead of picking a standard design bid build process, where everyone points the finger at the other guy if the issues come up, use of any alternative contract methods to share the risks among the parties. Some contracting models, such as design building and early contractor’s involvement, also allow everyone to combine working to reach any common goal. Suppliers and contractors could offer innovative solutions to the problems, so that they may become a real asset if added early to any project.
- Always go for the long term: while defining the cost of any project, look at the long term benefits and project cycle. Constructional price and design are only the tips of the iceberg when you look at the 30 years life of a building. Maintaining and utility prices are going to be more critical items to minimize. Sustainability and also the green building should be a part of every constructional company corporate integrated and cultural into every project, not just as an add-on if the money is there.
- Train well: training of a worker is more important for any top construction company in Delhi NCR, or anywhere, there should be a well-planned training program for all the employees is must. The company always gains workers with new skills, and the employee furthers their knowledge ad work their know way up to the ladder.